First Nations Development Institute will hold its 19th Annual L.E.A.D. Institute Conference and pre-sessions September 24 to September 26, 2014, at the Tulalip Resort Casino in Tulalip, Washington. Registration is now open at https://www.regonline.com/2014-lead. Attendance is limited, so sign up soon to ensure a spot at the event.
For nearly 35 years, First Nations has worked with Native nations and organizations to strengthen American Indian economies, which supports healthy Native communities. As an extension of this mission, the L.E.A.D. conference is designed to help emerging and existing leaders in Indian Country network, share ideas and learn new skills related to asset-building.
The L.E.A.D. Institute Conference was originally created as a major component of First Nations’ innovative Leadership and Entrepreneurial Apprenticeship Development (L.E.A.D.) fellowship program, which is designed to provide training, mentorship and networking opportunities to emerging and existing Native American nonprofit professionals.
Who should attend?
- Native American nonprofit professionals
- Native Americans interested in launching or expanding nonprofit and/or philanthropic organizations
- Tribal leaders or those who work in tribal organizations
- Anyone interested in Native American nonprofits and philanthropy
- Anyone interested in Native American food sovereignty
- Tribal economic development professionals